Kodi is a free and open source media player application developed by the XBMC Foundation, a non-profit technology consortium. Kodi is available for multiple operating systems and hardware platforms, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet.
Even though Kodi is so powerful to do lots of things, it supported formats are limited. We can know which types of files Kodi can support from this page
. We can see that many codecs and formats are not in the list, such AVCHD, MXF, XAVC, M2TS, etc. In order to watch all kinds of videos on TV via Kodi, I would suggest you to convert Kodi unsupported videos to H.264 MP4 format which is recognized by Kodi perfectly.
Here I’m glad to introduce a perfect Kodi video converter to you - Pavtube Kodi Video Converter for Mac
What this Kodi video converter can do
- Decoding and encoding XAVC codec videos with best quality to TV via Kodi
- Turn 1080p MXF to compatible format with Kodi
- Transcode AVCHD, M2TS videos to TV via Kodi
- Powerful editing functions (e.g. trimming, cropping, adding watermarks, etc)
- Audio and video sync technology allows you to enjoy smooth output videos on TV via Kodi
If you want a Windows version, please turn to Pavtube HD Video Converter.
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/hd-video-converter-mac/
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QI9GNZS
- AppStore Download: https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/pavtube-hd-video-converter/id502792488?mt=12
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-HD-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177786.html How to Watch all kinds of Recordings on TV via Kodi Step 1.
After you install this Kodi video converter, launch it. Then click "Add Video" or "Add from folder" button to browse and choose your own videos.
For Kodi on TV, please click on the format bar and follow "HD Video" > "H.264 HD Video(*.mp4)".
Finally, hit the big "Convert" button in the main UI, then this Kodi video converter will start to convert your videos to H.264 MP4 format. When the conversion is finished, you are able to play any videos on TV via Kodi. Enjoy!
Related Software: Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac
: If you want to watch popular BD/DVD movies on TV via Kodi, you can try our another software - Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. This program can help you rip movies out for playing on TV via Kodi.
Further Reading: Play MKV Files on Kodi
| Play WMV Files on Kodi
|Play FLV Files on Kodi Play MOV Files on Kodi
| Best 4K Addons for Kodi
| Play AVI files on Kodi Play H.265 with Kodi 17 Smoothly on Mac
| Play H.265/HEVC on Kodi flawlessly Play Kodi with 4K Media Kodi Add-on
| Kodi Supported File Formats & Setup Kodi Fix DVD Playback on Kodi 15/14 Problems
| Play Blu-ray Discs Movie with Kodi Passthrough AC3/DTS Does not Work with Kodi
| Play Video_TS Folder Files on Fire TV with Kodi Play DVD Ripped IFO and ISO image file on Kodi
| Use QNAP NAS on a TV Via HD Station and Kodi Play 3D Blu-ray ISO Files on Kodi with 3D Effect
| View Amazon Fire TV Attached USB Video Via Kodi Stream Blu-ray with Kodi on a Raspberry Pi 3 on TV
| Setup Kodi in Minix for Blu-ray/DVD/ISO/3D Movie Enjoying